Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pear Flower Cocktail

julibox


For my birthday this year, my wonderful sister gave me a three-month subscription to Julibox, a cocktail subscription service that describes itself as a “passport to cocktail discovery.” Each month I receive a boozy bundle of joy that includes spirits, mixers and detailed instructions for two servings of two different cocktails (so four drinks total). This month’s selection featured St. Germain, a French elderflower liquor, paired separately with pear vodka and white rum.

This month’s first selection is the Pear Flower, a refreshing (and simple) combination of equal parts Grey Goose La Poire and St. Germain, lemon juice and soda water. Putting it together took all of a minute – I dumped the individually wrapped bottles of vodka and St. Germain in a shaker added fresh lemon juice and ice, and shook until chilled. I strained the drink into a Collins glass filled with ice, topped with sparkling water, and started drinking.


I’ve received two Julibox shipments so far, and I’m very impressed by the creative recipes, top-shelf liquors, quality packaging and overall fun factor it offers. I don’t spend as much time as I used to in Seattle’s speakeasies, so Julibox is a great way to satisfy my cravings for creative and high quality cocktails. I’m looking forward to next month’s Kentucky Derby-influenced selection featuring bourbon!


Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...