Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mother's Day Gifts: Care Package for Mom


With Mother's Day coming up, I couldn't wait to put together a little care package for my own mom. My mom is the queen of care packages and gift baskets. That woman can pull together the most amazing gifts that just start with one little idea. Someday I hope to be as creative as she is.

I like to start care packages with a theme, and I started off with chocolate for this one. All moms like chocolate, right? I found some chocolate bars and chocolate tea at Cost Plus World Market and paired those with my mom's favorite shortbread cookies. "It's Okay, It's Organic" is a great excuse for any indulgence! A cute mug that says "Good Morning" is the perfect accessory.
I found a perfect chocolate soap from Rose City Soap to go along with the edible chocolate. It smells divine. I'm not usually a fan of "smelly" soaps, but this is different. It smells great and I know my mom will love it. Rose City Soap is a local Portland company that sells soaps and candles, and everything I've tried is wonderful.
One thing that so great about my mom is that she's ALWAYS willing to listen to my problems. We talk on the phone at least 5 times a day and she knows the ins and outs of all of my drama. My mom also loves gossip magazines! I included a new magazine so she can catch up on drama other than mine.

And the quintessential gift for any mom? A picture of her favorite person! That's you! Bonus points if you throw a grandchild into the picture!

 

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...