Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BBQ & Plaid


Portland and plaid go hand in hand — or is it that the Northwest as a whole goes hand in hand with plaid? Either way, when I was in Portland last weekend I wanted to blend in with the locals so I donned a plaid shirt the only way I knew how ... with a lime green skater skirt. I walked down the stairs of my family's home and received weird looks from every member of my family and a few even muddled under their breath, "Oh Dani." Although I am confident of my family's love, they did not appreciate my Portland style.

On this evening specifically, our plan was to go out to dinner to a new restaurent to celebrate family dinners, but we were met with a 2hr wait and no reservations. So, instead of a new dining experience we went straight to our old faithful, Podnah's.

Have you ever eaten at Podnah's Pit in NE Portland? From brunch through dinner, I stake my life on the fact they have the best barbecue in Oregon, and the Northwest as a whole. The meat is smoked to perfection, the staff and crowd are always friendly (it is Portland, after all), and there is rarely too long of a wait.



Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...