Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day Trip to Nowhere



Ever need to get away?

I was urgent for a day out of Seattle so I started brainstorming ideas of day trips but the options that seemed the most exciting were better saved for a sunny day. I always wanted to check out the Lululemon outlet in Burlington so I hopped in my car and took off.











As I drove and the city got smaller in my rear view mirror I started taking detours. If I saw a cute farm or fruit stand I got off of I-5 and explored.

I passed by farms and old churchs.

I stopped in antique shops and bartered for vintage goods.

I found cozy restaurants and dined with locals.

I took in the fresh air with a hint of cows.

It was amazing to take a day off. To leave Seattle behind and explore areas that I wouldn't be able to retrace my steps.

It turns out, here and there is a little different this week.
The address and directions? Get in your car and drive.

For the Seattle-ites and those fond of this city, what are your favorite day trips outside of the city?

I am in need of my next perfect day getaway.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...