Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Step One.

I wish I could say that no one warned me.

That no one told me not to do it.

That everyone was enthusiastic at the idea.

But it was, in fact, the opposite.
Everyone warned me.
Everyone told me not to do it.
And then everyone partnered with me once I made the mistake and encouraged me along.
Darn all of you for your friendship and support.

The cat is out of the bag... It's true: I am regretting the pixie cut.

Almost immediately I knew this was not my brightest idea. I had moments of confidence in the cut and short hair. There were and are still moments that I absolutely enjoy this new look.

But at the end of the day... I miss my girlish locks and top knot bun. As much as I try to make the pixie cut me, I can't fight the feeling that I am no longer pretty.

So now begins my journey of growing out this cut. I haven't been able to see my hair stylist in Portland so I found someone local in Seattle to turn me brunette. I have never had my hair this dark and hope to not be here long. Only time will tell.

For those that are finding this blog because you too are going through this process:

Step One: Go Dark. Don't Cut.



Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...