Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Canon




Growing up, whenever my parents would have a date night or anniversary or special-occasion-leave-the-kids-at-home night, the conversation would typically go like this:

Parents: Tonight we are going out for our anniversary so the babysitter will be here at 7.
Kids: Ok great, where are we going to dinner?

I know when I was little, I was baffled that they didn't want me to come. I couldn't comprehend it. Then, as I got older and wiser, my assumption that I was joining them became a family joke.

Ashley and Vik were going to celebrate their 6 month anniversary of marriage. (Apparently, during the newlywed stage you celebrate every month you survive.) True to form, I asked where and what time we should meet.

I was joking.

Sort of.

But the joke was on me when I got a call inviting me to join them for drinks at Canon (a place I have been begging to try with them since the day they wed).

Canon was fantastic. Very much like Bathtub Gin & Co; the drinks were strong and custom and the atmosphere intimate, comfortable and eclectic. While Bathtub plays off of being down an alley and through an unmarked door, Canon is very easy to find. It was 6:30pm on a Monday night and every seat was full. Although it doesn't hold many people, I can imagine on weekend getting in can be near impossible.


I should have been an artist...
I wrote a note of congratulations to Ashley and Vik and felt like I needed to draw something on the front of the blank card. Initially, it was going to be 6 flowers. Then I realized how rubbish it looked so why not just go with it and make it outlandishly terrible. Surprisingly, it was a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...