Friday, May 3, 2013

Love, Dates, & Hipster Style



I went on a blind date the other day.

I've only recently started dating again and even with this I was dreading going. My family and friends had to verbally drag me through the door as I clawed to escape. Dramatic? Yes, but accurate.



So I was set up on a first date. Conversation was smooth, he was more handsome than I originally suspected, and a total gentleman. The date was going well and it was nice.

Nice.

Not a good sign if the only attribute you can think of is "nice".

As we were getting to know each other he confessed that he was really excited about going out with me because he has never dated a hipster before.

I may be many things but a hipster is not one of them.

I recounted the date a few days later to friends and we laughed over the remark. I was agast that anyone would call me that and even mentioned how normal and tame I was in my outfit that day.
How tame? Like tame for you? Or tame?
Touche.

I've been known to be a bit of a quirky dresser. But let's be honest... It all started with my parents, the original hipsters.





Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...