Thursday, May 23, 2013

Support The Arts


On this day in Amsterdam, I learned that street artists don't have it easy.



This poor chap from Australia was determined to put on a good show. He had gathered a crowd of 500 people but couldn't get a single applause or hollar out of them. (Perhaps the dutch are not eager to show enthusiasm?)

He was in need of a volunteer and his search lasted for the most awkward 3 minutes of the day. He begged, he pleaded, he needed just one. No one would move forward to acknowledge his request. I looked over at my mom who gave me the most saddened doe eyes I have ever seen and then nodded to him.

So I went.

Dani from California. (I really need to work on, "where I'm from" when people ask... California? Seriously... it's been 3.5 years Dani, get it together)

Our minutes together looked like this:

  • I stood still while he tried to whip as close to my face as possible.
  • I wrapped him in suran wrap
  • I wrapped him chains.
  • I watched him attempt to get undone and when the chains got stuck in his hair, I thought all hope was lost.
  • We fell in love.
Ok the last point is a total lie but we did share a few laughs and sexually inappropriate jokes in front of my mother. All in all, it was pretty similar to most first dates.

Kidding, mom!




In case you missed it: Dancing through Amsterdam

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...