Thursday, July 18, 2013

National Watermelon Day


Obscure "holidays" are the best reason to send a care package, in my opinion. It's totally unexpected and such a fun surprise for the receiver. Plus, you, as the gifter, look super clever and thoughtful, and who doesn't want that!?


Sometimes inspiration comes out of nowhere. I was just doing my normal browse through the cosmetics section at Target when I saw this lip gloss and picked up a tube for myself. Further down the aisle, I picked up this bright watermelon nail polish, also for myself. A quick trip through the jewelry department and I found these cute earrings. I guess I was really in a bright watermelon mood! As I headed toward check out, I saw the gum and mints, and I just knew all of these things together would be much better for a friend as a care package. For around $15, here was an adorable gift!

I love a good theme, but sometimes you need just a little something "extra" to make it perfect. Guess what? August 3 is "National Watermelon Day"! Who knew!? What a perfect reason to send all these cute little things to a friend! 

One really fun way to amp up the surprise is to wrap the shipping box in cute themed paper. When you take it to the post office, they might give you a hard time, so make sure you put an address label both on the unwrapped box as well as after you've wrapped it. I have never had a problem with the wrapping coming off, but the post office ALWAYS warns me it could happen.

Happy National Watermelon Day!

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...