Wednesday, May 22, 2013

An Ode to Brouwer’s


Beer Heaven
Recent weather has been unusually warm in Seattle and I decided to take advantage this past weekend by riding my bike to my favorite beer spot –Brouwer’s Café, located in the heart of Fremont.  Brouwer’s is an authentic Belgian pub that has more than 50 hard-to-find beers on tap, another 50+ beers in bottle and dozens of different whiskey options, all complemented by a small but delicious menu (including a killer lamb burger). 




This menu does not suck
After a grueling half-mile bike ride (downhill of course), I quenched my thirst with pFriem’s Belgian Strong Dark, a rich, deep and complex beer that compared favorably to one of my favorites, the St. Bernardus Abt. 12 (also available on tap at Brouwer’s).




Breakfast of Champions
Thirst quenched, I munched on a delicious croque madame which I paired with Anchor Brewing’s Humming Ale, an American Pale Ale.




Mmmmm, frites…
Brouwer’s diverse and ever changing beer selection and welcoming staff provide beer geeks and novices alike a wonderful place to sample new beers from around the world.  Brouwer’s sister restaurant, the recently-opened Burgundian in Tangletown, offers a similarly awesome beer menu with a wider variety of food, including an all-day breakfast menu.  Both are highly recommended.  Cheers!



Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...