Saturday, January 21, 2012

Run, Girl.



I learned long ago that the only way to learn to love to run is to create a power playlist.

Today is day 21 of 2012 and I'm going semi strong on my new years resolution. I've ran every day... besides a few that required a power walk instead... And one very sad day where the snow took over not only the city, but my gym too.

Some days I run fast, other days I run longer, and about once a week I have a run so terrible that I don't think I can go on.

However each good day and bad is made possible by my playlist. It runs about 24 minutes with both a warm up/slow run (Sweet Disposition) and cool down (We are Young).

My "power song" is DJ Scene's mashup of Hey Mickey and a Black Eyed Peas song. (Must listen >>; )

Then by the time 99 Problems mash up comes on, I am typically over running and this song helps push me as I round the final loop back to the start line.

The hardest part of the run is putting on my running shoes. As soon as I hit the pavement and for the rest of the day that follows, I am on my runner's high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...