Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Flowers






Work was as usual yesterday. The snow storm had passed and there was no longer an excuse to not make it into the office. My day was nearing it's end and I realized I still hadn't finished my morning coffee and yet continued to drink it after 6 hours. That's how eventful and exciting my Monday was.

A call came in on my cell phone and I answered in hopes of a distraction.

"Hi this is KC's Flower Shop. We have a delivery for you that was requested to arrive before 3pm but we have the wrong address. We have talked to your human resources and found your correct location unfortunately we won't make it by 3pm. If we arrive a little later, will we miss you?"

Say what?

I told them that after 3pm would not be an issue as I was not expecting or waiting for a delivery. They apologized for ruining the surprise and I quickly told them it was not a problem, I am still delighted.

From 2:45 pm until around 3:20pm, I could not think straight at all.

Who had sent the flowers?

I was ready to start calling every little boyfriend to find out if it had been them but then I remembered a conversation I had earlier on GTalk. It was a casual conversation about what floor I work on..
D: You're on the 7th floor right? 
Me:  17th.  
D: curious. I couldn't remember.
Me: Are you here?!!! I don't believe in "just curious."

D:  No I was just thinking about how I had a meeting on the 15th floor
Earlier in the day, I didn't think anything of this conversation but as I was counting down the seconds to receive my package it all came back to me.

Soon my receptionist called to say I had a package on the 10th floor and before long it was on my table.

The delivery was beautiful roses, red balloons (my favorite) and a note... wishing that this would be a bright start to my week.

Perfect.

It is so amazing to have a friend so thoughtful. I am blown away by his kindness.

I immediately called my mother. [I take that back, I immediately pulled out my ginormous camera and took pictures.] She was just as excited as I was.

As I sat at my desk, a bit flustered, telling her about them and the note, I lowered my voice and whispered
These are my first flowers.
It's true. I've received balloons, poems, love notes, songs and an extremely awkward and uncomfortable private serenade but never has a guy sent me flowers.

Take note, Gentleman... I can now honestly say, this goes a long way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...