Wednesday, January 18, 2012

With Seattle.


When I first decided I was moving to Seattle, I was beyond heartbroken but a job opportunity was available that I couldn't pass up. Although I will admit, even up to the week I was moving, I met with potential companies in Portland. As much as I wanted to stay, none of those opportunities could top what was waiting for me in Seattle.

I lived in Portland for a little over a year and a half and for the first year, I wasn't sold on the city. But six months before I left everything changed. I became captivated by Portland for many reasons I won't name here. It was those same reasons that had me never wanting to leave.

Alas, I moved.

I have lived in Seattle for three and a half months. I have made great friends, my work is appreciated, I love the area I live and the excitement of a new city.

Like I told you yesterday, we had our first snow storm this weekend and after barricading myself in the house, I walked to get coffee.

I was bundled up in my warmest jacket, snow shoes on my feet, and snow sticking to my hair.

The powder that covered the streets and sidewalks made my neighborhood even more lovely. It reminded me about everything that I have here.

As I breathed in the fresh dry smell of the first snow, my heart began to flutter. Without realizing it, I was being swept away by a city who I didn't think I wanted to be with.

It was during that walk, I realized that I was finally starting a new chapter in my life...

And for the romantics...

I was falling in love.

Finally.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...