Friday, July 12, 2013

Neighbor



Free People's short film "Neighbor" is 3 minutes of pure delight.



It was recently passed around the office and countless people stood over the desk dividers to say, "this is so Dani." It could be because I am the token single girl on the team or that I share every tidbit of my love life to them... but in truth, this is something I would do (and do do). Perhaps just not in lingerie!
The short is a quirky take on the best way to find love... by simply being yourself.
As you can imagine, "love" is a big topic of conversation in my household. My poor dad has suffered a lifetime of two daughters with countless heartaches and boyfriends that range from bad to great. My mother on the other hand has become our world class counselor. (Not by profession but in sitting through hours that my dad only had to hear through the walls.) But both parents over the years taught my sister and I to focus on being the best versions of ourselves and one day someone would come along that would find delight in who we are.

My sister found that person a few years ago and I am sure one day I will find someone who is delighted by me too. Until then I'm going to keep dancing my way through cities, chewing bubblegum like a boss, and building friendships with people who need a little silly in their lives.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...