Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Discovery Park

AndBubblegum
Although I have lived in Seattle for 1.5 years, I am still pretty ignorant to the city. This is precisely why when I was going to Discovery Park I assumed it was a park or maybe a beach. So I put on a swimsuit and then changed it for a sun dress and converse tennis shoes right before I walked out the door. This may seem like no big deal to you but to my friends Discovery Park is considered a hike and I showed up looking like a princess.

Thankfully, a princess that can hike in a short black dress and kicks. But, I am jumping a head here. This day was perfect and I will tell you why.


I start most of my Saturdays the same way...

I roll out of bed and into my Zella Live in Leggings and the closest (and cleanest) workout shirt I can find. I bobby pin my hair back, splash water on my face, brush my teeth and then I am out the door to walk to my workout class that is 2 miles away. After my 60 minutes of workout torture, I start the journey back home.

Every Saturday that is how my day starts.

On this Saturday as I was on my way home, I got a call from my sister to meet her for lunch. So instead of walking all the way back, I caught a bus and scooted to the top of the hill. We talked... we ate... we watched her dog bark attack a little girl...then we hid in shame.

After our "ladies who lunch"-sweaty-from-working-out lunch, I got a call from Curtis & Doug to go to Discovery Park. I believe they phrased it in terms of "skipping rocks" and "a short hike away". I, of course, thought they were joking on the skipping rocks and "hike away" meant we could walk there from their house. Either way, I quickly showered got on my bathing suit, took off my bathing suit, put on my black dress, and met up with them at their place.

Enter Discovery Park:

I had no expectations for what was ahead but I was immediately speechless for the beauty that lived a few miles from my house. How in the world had I never been here? The views, the easy trails, the fresh air and travel companions filled me with delight. It was perfect.






Most of the afternoon was spent here and I have the tan lines and sand in my shoes to prove it.

This amazing Saturday didn't end there but kept going with other friends and Red Mill shakes while the sun set.


Pretty much perfect, right?

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...