Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Temple of Happiness

My next objective is to discover my "temple of happiness."



Media_httpfarm6static_niduc


(The charming cottage of my BFF, Angela)


The main idea: Find a place that is special to me... it can be a bookstore, coffee shop, or even a favorite park bench... but it is a place that I can call my own and kickstart my happiness if I feel it fleeting.


I love books and I love coffee, so a place that combines both will be ideal. For the next two weeks I am going to explore. Take my free time to find some a place that would bring me joy. And I am setting some boundaries for myself...


It must be within 10 minutes of my house.


I love driving and I am known for spending many mornings off in my favorite coffee shop that is 15 mins+ away. But I need my nook to be a bit more close to home and convenient. 


I can't share it with others.


Yes, I am going to take pictures and tell you about the places I explore... but what I eventually decide on is going to be my secret. A haven. Yes, that does mean no foursquare checkins.


It can't hold any memories.


This may seem so silly to you but I want a place that I have never been with anyone before. I don't want my "temple" to reflect a boyfriend, friend, memory, good or bad. I am being selfish and claiming this place as my own... and all of the strangers who also visit.


A work free environment.


I don't need another place to plug in. This is about plugging out. My work will be left at the door. 


That's all folks... time to explore and I know just the place to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...