Thursday, September 8, 2011

PS: Leave Your Watch At Home.

During the last weekend of August I had a digital free weekend. No computer, cell phone, ipad, twitter, facebook, instagram (gasp!)... I was completely logged off.


It was ridiculously hard and fantastic.


I played outside


did bar method


sipped coffee


took a long walk


saw a movie (newspapers still tell you when they show believe it or not)


had long talks


wandered little shops


and gave a lot of attention to people I care for.


But it got me thinking...


In 5th grade my class accomplished some unsignificant goal and my teacher gave us a clock free day. We covered all of the clocks in the room and took off our toy watches then got to do whatever we want, whenever we want.



Media_httpgadgetkingc_ajguf


How amazing would that be to do a weekend clock free?


Sleep when we want.


Eat when we want.


Do what we want.


Whenever we want.


Logistically, I was planning this out: To really make it work I would need a friend or significant other to participate. (I've already ruled out my family because let's face it... they would never agree) By including someone in on my clock free day that would elliminate the difficult of living out your day on your own pace. It didn't matter if you were late or early because you were together determining your own schedule. Plus, life is for sharing.


Now I just need a free day and someone to join me in a weekend slumber party.


Seeking: Someone carefree and fun (Or can at least pretend to be for a day.)


Must enjoy: Whatever the day may bring.


PS: Leave your watch at home.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...