Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Winter Kissed Cheeks and Bright Eyes

7 weeks away from Sister's wedding... am I driving you bonkers about this yet? It's almost over with, I promise. But this past week she came into town to meet with Amy Gillespie, her hair and makeup artist for the big day. I found Amy through my Nordstrom family and we were blown away by her portfolio. After meeting her in person, I will never recommend anyone else again. She is amazing.



Some women see it [makeup] as a crutch but it's a tool. Use it as a way to feel good about yourself and beautiful. It's not about hiding.


- Amy Gillespie



I have never been one to understand the art of makeup. I much prefer sleeping in than investing in a morning routine that rivals a work of art. But I do love makeup and I believe in using it to highlight the features I love best about myself. What Amy said was so poignant for me because it isn't about hiding, it is a way for me to present myself to the world the way that I see my self. Winter kissed cheeks and bright eyes.



Makeup4


Makeup1


Makeup2


Makeup3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...