Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tend to the Gifts Nature Gave You


Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.



- Ralph Martson


The other day I tweeted: Work hard. Play hard. Rest well.


I have mastered the work hard. I'm working on the play hard. And about 2 weeks each year, I rest well... with the other 50 weeks a year shot. I am equal parts extreme expressive and doer. I am always going. I am always striving. I am always on.


I am exhausted!


I have been looking forward to this joie de vivre objective so I can have an excuse to spoil myself rotten. It was my hope to make these two weeks the complete opposite of $5 of fun or less weeks. I scheduled appointments to have every part of my body relaxed; from my hair to my toes. I then looked at my schedule and saw that I may be doing things that are "relaxing" but my schedule was once again booked.


So I am attempting to tone my schedule down but not lose my hour massage... that is a deal breaker.


I know that it is so important to tend to the gifts nature gave me. I only have one shot to be healthy and as I age... it will only go down hill from here. I need to learn to spoil myself rotten a little bit more often but I want to do little things in the middle of the spoiling to really treat myself. Like a spritz of my favorite perfume or using the lotion from Isreal that I save for special occasion.


How do you treat yourself on the daily and tend to the gifts nature has given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...