Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Portland Spotlight: Bar Method

If you follow me on twitter (@danidotnoah) then you may have picked up on my latest obsession: Bar Method.


Bar Method is a body sculpting class with a focus on ballet. The max weight I have used in the class is 3 lbs and the real "weight" is from muscle isolation, control and repetition. What I love most about the studio is the community that is built around it. The instructors know you by name and in my case, call me by it often. This isn't a studio for the easily embarrassed. But truthfully, their instructions are encouraging and help you to push through the shakes, burn, fatigue and try harder.


The studio is located in the Pearl District of Portland (904 NW Hoyt Street) and is gorgeous. They have two rooms that are used for classes and a locker area (including showers) for getting ready pre and post work out. 


 



Barmethod1


Barmethod2


Barmethod3

Today starts my 30 day challenge, I can't go everyday but I am aiming for at least 3 times a week.


If you happen to be joining for a class, I always end the work out over iced coffee at Barista. We can hobble together the few blocks and talk about how we nailed the plie.


With me luck!









(Images are copyright of Bar Method Portland)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...