Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Story: Quieting the Butterflies



I saw him walk in and immediately my stomach turned into a knot. I hadn't seen him for quite a long time but I was immediately transported to our first meeting and short tryst over a year ago.

We sat down for coffee and I had to fold my hands tight under the table to stop the shaking. I thought he may be able to see the butterflies jumping from my body as I begged them to quiet.

For 1 hour we sat together. For 60 minutes we caught up on life. For 3,600 seconds I reminded myself to breath.

I knew that nothing would come from the other side of my coffee cup but after the recent heartbreak it was nice to know I could feel again.

It showed me it was time to begin again.










Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...