Thursday, February 7, 2013

January Community Dinner - Slippers Required

Jam from Bear Flagg Farms





For January's Community Dinner I wanted to try something a little different and have a Saturday brunch instead. Inspired by Pinterest recipes, I made scones with jam from Mary's wedding in Bear Flagg Farms, baked eggs with a hashbrown crust, slow-cooked oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, Coava coffee, mimosas, and store bought donuts. Only one cheat from the whole menu!

I foolishly did not test a single recipe prior to serving, breaking a cardinal rule for having guests over for dinner, but I didn't have the time to try! Luckily, each piece turned out delicious and was made even better by the friends that joined.

We were especially treated this month as my mom made a surprise visit by rerouting a business trip flight to Seattle.

I have started planning and brainstorming February's Community Dinner and I am torn between a soup or pasta centered meal. I want to get a few comfort dinner's in while the winter vegetables are still in prime season. If you have better ideas, please share!

Until next dinner...


Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...