Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tropical Shrimp Spinach Salad







I am attempting one receipe a week from that amazing book Elyse got me for Christmas and this past week I made Tropical Shrimp Spinach Salad. Both Elyse and I agreed, the shrimp turned out very tasty and was very easy to make. I followed the recipe somewhat and you can find it below with my adjustments:

Tropical Shrimp:
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
2 tbps of Lime Juice
1/2 inch of fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 lg garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 packet of stevia
1/2 tsp of chili powder
1tbsp of soy sauce
salt & peper for taste
.5 lbs of shrimp

(Original recipe called for:
4 more tbsp of lime juice, real sugar, & small bunch of cilantro)

I threw all ingredients together in a large zip lock bag, shook it up, and then let marinate for an hour.

Since we in the midst of a Pac NW winter, I skipped grilling these, and instead cooked them on the stove top. Once done, I added them over spinach and enjoyed.

What I would do differently next time:
The flavor of the shrimp was good, but I would cook down the spinach to compliment the texture of the shrimp

Add vegetables... zucchini would be fantastic

Add a either more chili powder or add hot peppers. I prefer food with a bit of kick.

This dinner took 15 mins to prepare, (and hour to marinate :( ) and 10 minutes to cook. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for an easy meal and don't mind multi tasking when you do it!

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...