Tuesday, January 8, 2013

S'mores Kit Holiday Gifts







This year, my teams at work grew ten-fold and I needed a fun Christmas present for 20 people. Thanks to Pinterest (obviously), I found this s'mores kit and took it from there. All supplies came from Target and was made possible by Elyse and her twin Jenn. We had quite an assembly line going.

Needed:

  • Box or baggie for packaging
  • Graham Crackers [Two boxes, wish I had one more]
  • Hershey's Chocolate [24 originally purchased, had to run out for more bars. Ideally: 30 total]
  • Marshmallows [Three bags, only needed 2]
  • Tissue paper
  • Wax paper

Ratio:

  • 6 graham crackers
  • 1.5 Hersheys bars (or 3 squares... or 6 rectangles)
  • 6+ marshmallows.

The goal was to have it equally distributed to make the perfect s'more but we liked the look of excess marshmallows and started throwing more and more in with each box.

Tips:

  • Use tissue paper on the bottom and behind the goodies to make it align correctly
  • Use wax paper in between the crackers, each slice of chocolate, and the marshmallows. I mainly didn't want the chocolate to melt on everything and anything.
  • Just sign your name on the box or card and add the person you are giving it to right before. I learned from that mistake in 6th grade when I bought a box of candy for every friend at school... I spent the entire day trying to hand out 60 boxes of heart candy that was pre-named the night before. Disaster!
  • Plan ahead: buy in bulk at costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...