Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year. New Resolutions. 2013


I didn't accomplish a single resolution that I made for 2012...

I memorized about two weeks of memory verses.
I ran every day for 45 days.
I read 41 books.

This year, I want to try again but also try something new.

Be Present:
Where ever I am at, I am going to be focused in that moment.

I have found that I much prefer getting to work prior to 7:30 and staying until after 5pm knowing that when I go home, I am not logging back in. But I also need to work on taking time off. Taking vacations and a day off. Not responding to emails when I am away.

With friends and family, I want to be there and be engaged. Instagram won't go anywhere. I don't need to check in on foursquare.

Be Educated:
Once again, I am going for 50 books in 52 weeks. I was so close and yet 9 books is far away.

I also want to be more cognizant of what I am reading. Don't waste energy on fluff (although sometimes a good chick lit is needed).  Invest in reading my bible daily. Read multiple news sources often.

Follow Through:
This was a last minute add... as I talked about all of the resolutions I was thinking through with my roommate, I realized they were a lot of big ideas. It is in my personality to get really excited about something very quickly and then be over it. I want to focus 2013 on still being very excited but then seeing it through to completion.

If I say I am going to try a new recipe every week, you better believe that it is going to happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...