Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flapper



My mother was right.

Growing up she made us hold onto certain items of clothing swearing that one day they would make great costumes.

This seems reasonable.

But more than 15 years later, I try to get rid of clothing from elementary school and she insists I keep it. Instead, I make her store it.

So now my lovely mother, has a wardrobe closet in Portland filled with winnie the pooh overalls, tie dye t-shirt, and pink lady jackets. (As well as every formal dress from our high school years. Ball gown anyone?)

In the year of 1998, my older sister bought a flapper inspired dress from Bebe for her winter ball. I remember thinking it was quite flirty for my (at the time ;) ) uptight sister.

14 years later it is finally being worn again.

This time by me.

You win this round, Mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...