Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Do You Smell A Project?

I love my current job but one area that I continue to struggle is with its lack of consistency. It has its benefits… fast paced, keeps me on my toes, and the days go by quickly. But the lack of routine is leaving me constantly drained.



Img_1197


My workday can range from starting at 7am or as late as 2pm and days off are hardly on the weekends. At times I have worked 8 straight days in a row to have a single day off.


These pieces of my job are out of my control and they come with the territory of retail management but I do have the ability to create a routine around the inconsistent.


Do you smell a project?


Schedule:


Alarm Clock – 5:15am


Morning routine – Make bed, drink glass of water, brush teeth, dance to one song (better than coffee)


Evening walk – Lately one of my favorite activities: regardless if I’m at work on a break or at home enjoying the neighborhood


Bedtime routine – Wash face, comb hair, brush teeth, read chapter in book


I am starting today, June 14th, 2011, and I am committing to this until the end of the month. Will I survive?


YES!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...