Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cleaning Out The Clutter

"Leave room in your life for something new..."


I am extremely sentimental....just looking around my room I see:


old sorority shirts and memorabilia,


notes from boyfriends,


a textbook from a class that I got the highest grade,


trinkets from travels,


clothes that I swear will come back in style,


an empty wine bottle from a night I will never forget,


empty notebooks that I hope to fill but have had for years....


All of these items collecting dust.


My drawers are full. My bookshelf is full. Don't even get me started on the fullness capacity that is my closet.


It is time for spring cleaning. I am getting rid of the clutter so I can make room for whatever new is right around the corner.


If I haven't worn it in 6 months, I'm getting rid of it.


If I haven't used it, looked at it, or thought about it in 6 months, I'm getting rid of it.


Some items may stay but they are moving into a box in my attic. But truth be told, I am really hoping I find my leather pants from when I was 16... I would really like to wear them again.

3 comments:

  1. Found myself here recently through something or another (Facebook? Twitter?) and I'm really enjoying your posts. I particularly relate to this one. I've been trying to declutter and simplify my life for a while. Do you ever read Zen Habits? It's one of my favorite blogs, and there is a great post on decluttering. Though you might enjoy it: http://zenhabits.net/zen-clutter/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeAnne,I am so glad someone reads this blog! ;-)But thank you for sharing this article. I did a quick skim and will definitely come back for an indepth read. I am SO guilty of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (My comment cut off :( )"1. Clutter is a manifestation of a) holding onto the past and b) fear of what might happen in the future.2. Letting go of clutter is a way to live more mindfully and in the present.3. The act of decluttering itself can be a mindfulness practice."I feel inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...