Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Downtown Loft with a Doorman

Sometimes I forget that I have downsized from a lush 2 bedroom downtown apartment to a great room in my parents house.

The other day I found this great illustration of "24 Hours in New York" that matches the style of what I call my "reading corner" of my new pad. I had a quick lapse of memory when I first saw it and gasped "Holy cow, I have the perfect room for this!" which was quickly met with "You only have one room for this."

There might have been a few seconds of a racing heartbeat and shortness of breathe but then I remembered I have the amazing rent of $Free.99 and an occasional home cooked meal. I have to keep reminding myself that I finally have my reading corner and although, my door doesn't close and people barge in at all times, I have my favorite furniture in my own little studio with a walk in closet.

Plus, technically... I have a doorman and dog walker. [But don't mention that to my parents or else my rent may be increasing!] And for a girl who doesn't dream of the large yard and white picket fence but instead a downtown loft with a doorman, I'm halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...