Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dear Life, are you:


The last post was originally posted on my main blog nearly 3 months ago. In that time I feel like life has been a slow motion whirlwind.
Does that even make sense?
Everything has been going opposite of plan, in achingly slow pace and yet… it’s May! Where did all this time go?
Since that last post:

  • I settled into Portland
  • Have been through countless interviews: Some great, some good, some awful
  • Taken on an interim job to keep me clothed and fed
  • Explored much of this new city
  • Met many interesting people
  • Fallen in love with NW culture

At the same time:
I miss the Bay Area. Partly, I miss the idea of San Francisco and Silicon Valley. My favorite places and local spots, being familiar and home. Mostly, I miss my amazing friends.
Being back in the same circles and city as my parents, I am no longer an individual but Ray & Linda’s daughter. After 7 years of being strictly Danielle, I feel like I am a little kid again. My parents are great and I have been truly blessed by them, the only people who seem to think of me this way are the people my age. I thought being in my mid twenties meant I was an adult… in the end, these kids will learn to love me. Or I’ll just bribe them. Either way, they win. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...