Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Finding Time

My schedule has taken on a life of its own and I am finding less and less time free to do the things I once loved. I have been writing, drawing, reading, socializing etc... less and my few hours available are spent catching up on that may have been missed. [sleep, tv, blogs/tweets] It feels as though I am 3 days behind on everything.

Knowing that I won't survive without some time to be inspired, I am placing myself on a rigid inspiration diet:

  • Wake up by 7am each morning. This may seem like nothing to you but as a night owl this will be my hardest move. There will be no more wasting my day, especially when my evening is filled with work.
  • Do one thing a week I love. What a sacrifice right? For me, this usually means reading in a coffeeshop or visiting the park. Today, I'm doing both. I only have 1 free day a week and I have been using it to catch up on life but then I feel like I am living this robotic life with no freedom. For one day, the daily routine can wait.
  • Connect. Surround myself with interesting people.

This week I have 2 days off, today and Thursday. I was up bright and earlier this morning and spent the best part of the day running a few errands (cough cough shopping cough), reading in my favorite coffeeshop (Lovejoy Bakers) and laying in the park. I couldn't have asked for a better treat. I can't wait for Thursday and am hoping for a repeat of today.

One of my favorite parks that is just around the corner from Lovejoy Bakers.

This picture is hard to see, but while out the park I spent some time putting together my inspiration diet. This is my notebook and pen. Just squint your eyes and it will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...