Monday, May 31, 2010

Day Trip To Seattle


 Last week I had an amazing day in Seattle.

You know what that means, right?

Yep, I want to live there now.

It started downtown with an informational with someone I really admire from a company that I would love to work for. After an hour chat, I walked through downtown and PIKE Place Market to get back to our hotel, with a coffee stop along the way of course. Once I met up with my mom we started a journey through Belltown and Lower Queen Ann to find the perfect apartment for my older sister who is moving there in a month.

PAUSE

After meeting up with my mom but prior to looking at apartments, we stopped at my favorite sandwich stop that is popular around the Bay Area and has a few Seattle locations.

RESUME

Apartment hunting can be hit or miss, mostly miss. But after a few stops I found "The One!". Perfect one bedroom; pet friendly, secure, fireplace, stainless steel appliances, roof top deck with views of the Space Needle, a block away from 24Hr Fitness and directly above Safeway. After calling Ashley and confirming that this place was perfect, she submitted her application and now we wait to see if she gets it.

I am looking forward to expanding the perfect job search into Seattle and having a couch to crash on. July 1st just can't come fast enough though.

In the meantime, I have a couple of interviews this week for smaller design studios. I'll save my opinions for after decisions are made but one thing is for sure... as much as I may dislike working in retail, I am not in any rush to settle. I know what I like and what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...