Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Morning Coffee Chats

I absolutely love informational interviews and have been amazed at the generosity of seasoned professionals to give up their time to someone like me. In an hours time you not only to get to make a new connection but learn about their paths, share interest and advice, and, my favorite, find that inspiration to succeed.

Within the past couple of weeks I have been able to meet with two people who I have been dying to meet for months. The hardest part is making the ask and praying you don't get the rejection or cold shoulder.

Today I met with a Senior Planner from my favorite agency who has lived a career I am quite envious of; worked in my top two agencies and cities and gone to the masters school which I think highly of. Within minutes I found out our paths have been similar (hers just slightly more awesome)... originally she thought art direction was her future but wasn't satisfied so she explored media planning and then found account planning. Listening to her tell me about what her days are like and types of project she works on were confirmations of the decisions I am making.

Whether I find myself getting my masters in a year in a half or working my way up from the mail room, I know that strategy and planning is an area I can and will excel. It is now a matter of being patient and preparing myself for whatever may present itself. I just wish it could happen... yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...