Wednesday, September 25, 2013

30 Before 30: Flying Trapeze



When I lived in San Francisco, I happened upon an aerial arts school that taught flying trapeze but I never had the chance to go. I kept this wish in the back of my mind after I moved from SF and continued to look for similar schools with each city I moved to. Seattle did not disappoint.

I finally took the leap... no pun intended... on Tuesday with Emily and Amy. Amy had been a few times before and was on to more challenging tricks. She was gracefully from get go. Emily, who was just as green as I was, picked up the tricks without a second thought.

Me? Well, I was a bit awkward... but we knew that would happen before I even started. It's my brand. And yet - I jumped off, did a trick, and made a catch.

When I first made my 30 before 30 list, people were encouraging but they also thought it was a little silly. What is does a catch on a flying trapeze accomplish? This, and the other 30 before 30 items, put me out of my comfort zone. They force me to try something new and risk failing.

I am not going to lie... I have watched the videos from last night over and over again. I am not ashamed to say I am so proud of myself. I was really scared and I didn't think I could do it. But I still tried, risked failing, and was rewarded with a catch.












Connect to AndBubblegum Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

  1. Get a pixie haircut.
    1. Completed Dec 12, 2012
  2. Go on a vacation alone.

  3. Karaoke.

  4. Camp.

  5. Learn to longboard. Or at least attempt it.

  6. Complete a catch on the flying trapeze.
    1. Completed Sept 24, 2013

  7. Throw a fancy dinner party.

  8. Run a marathon. (But I will settle for a half)

  9. Visit Canada.

  10. Travel to a country I have never been before (not Canada).
  11.           Completed May 9, 2013 with Amsterdam
  12. Revisit my best friend in Florida.

  13. See a football game in the south. War Eagle.

  14. Learn to grill.
    1. Completed April 2013
  15. Attempt snowboarding... again.

  16. Take a cooking class. 
    1. Completed Nov 11, 2012 at Pantry at Delancy
      Pie Ninja
  17. Hold my future niece or nephew.

  18. Treat my parents.

  19. Make a pie from scratch.
    1. Completed Nov 21, 2012 with a Ginger Apple Streusel "Pie"
  20. Find the perfect swimsuit.

  21. Decorate a christmas tree.

  22. Ride a motorcycle.

  23. Explore 5 states I have never visited before.

  24. Conquer my reoccuring NYE resolution of reading 50 books in one year.

  25. Learn to french braid.

  26. Take a 2 week vacation: 2 consecutive weeks.

  27. Build something... that doesn’t come from Ikea.

  28. Do one cartwheel.

  29. Matchmake a couple, successfully.

  30. Wear my navy blue special occasion Florida dress.

  31. Be apart of something momentous, memorable, and national. Subjective... deal with it.
BONUS: Be awesome every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...