Thursday, December 6, 2012

Community Table




When I moved a few months ago, I had the opportunity to get a new kitchen table. I had an old table sitting in storage in Portland but in my new place I had space for a farm type community table.

I have always dreamed of having a table that I could bring my dearest friends together to enjoy each other's company over dinner and drinks. And not too long ago, I finally made it happen.

I am not an avid fan of cooking. I do enjoy it occasionally but it mostly stresses me out, specifically if I am cooking for others. It makes me feel extremely self conscious.

I invited my inner circle over for a simple meal of pesto/garlic chicken, sweet potatoes, and salad. Everything was made by scratch and cooked with love... and it turned out better than I could have imagined. (Special thanks to my sous chef and roommate)

The real test was my brother in law, a passionately talented cook, who later asked my sister... "That chicken was really good! Where do you think Danielle bought it from?" I'll take that success.

I love the promise of my community table and the hope of many more dinners yet to come. It is my goal to start doing it not as one off get togethers but reoccurring events. Perhaps with 2013, I will start with just once a month and increase from there.

And with that... a cheers and hope that you may one day join.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...