Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why not run it

I had this great idea… I should run to work!

It is only 2.5 miles away and since I already walk it, why not run it?

I put together a simple outfit of bell skirt, sleeveless top and flats that would work with my signature high bun and minimalist jewelry/make up. It all fit neatly into my Lego backpack and once 6am arrived I washed my face, brushed my teeth, tied my shoe laces, and set off.

I walked down the hill.

Ran to the space needle.

Power walked Denny.

Then finished the run into my building.

After cleaning up and getting pretty, I was sitting at my desk cleaning out my inbox by 7am. [I lasted until 7:15am to get coffee. I find those 15 minutes of waiting to be quite valiant.]

Things I learned:
  • Don’t wear only a sports bra under my Zella jacket. That jacket is like a hot box sticking to my skin.
  • Try your work outfit on prior to packing… and if your skirt is see through, pack a slip. Oops.
  • I need to start running again.
  • Minimalist running doesn’t suck. I definitely looked like this girl:



Until next time… Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...