Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Stumptown




 When I went to Portland the other week my agenda included family, old friends, and new friends... and a haircut. It was my quarterly monthly trip to fill in as much as I love as possible.

My friend, Eric, also happened to be in town from San Francisco.

I met Eric a few years ago in San Francisco. At the time, he was getting his MBA at Kellogg with my sister and they were both in the Bay Area for interviews. Fast forward to now, he lives in San Francisco and Ashley and myself are in Seattle.

But Eric and I happened to be in Portland for the same weekend and after an ongoing twitter conversation about best cups of coffee in Portland, we decided to make a morning of it.

I enjoy the taste of coffee and my drink of choice is an iced coffee, usually with extra ice. (Ice chewer)

My favorite place to get a wonderful cup of iced coffee is Barista in the Pearl District. Before I moved to Portland, I had a cup nearly every morning after finishing Bar Method. That routine was a highlight of my day.

But Stumptown coffee is generally what out-of-towners associate with Portland. Their coffee is great and they do serve a mean macchiato but their iced coffee (especially the cold brew stubbies) usually puts me on such a caffeine high I cannot shop shaking.

Eric thought iced coffee claims to be absurd so we put it to the test.

After spending all morning with me and trying both... his decision was...

...drumroll...

"Undecided."

Smart man.

Oh, and then I picked up a guy's puppy. I told him I was going to keep him. Horror struck his face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...