Thursday, July 26, 2012

Book Hoarder








Reading is one of my favorite things to do and I always have a few books that I have my nose in at the same time. I have been told countless times that the Seattle Public Library will be my Mecca but I have often avoided it because 1) I don't love modern architecture and 2) I even less love borrowed books.

I am a book hoarder.

I like new books. I like old books. I like ebooks. I especially love free books.

But I don't love borrowing a book to never have again. This could be why I seldom let other people borrow books as well. I have a fear I will never see them again. In fact, I have a tendency to start hovering the borrowed book after a friend has had it longer than week. (I wouldn't borrow a book from me if I were you.)

But my roommate told me that you can check out kindle ebooks. WHAT?!

In order to check out ebooks, I first needed a library card and to visit the Seattle Public Library.

Against my better wishes, I really loved it there; design and all.

More than it was their modern design or rows of books (not as many as I had thought), they provided ample community space. It is lovely to add another spot to my roster of places to spend hours reading with like minded people. (or homeless people)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...