Friday, February 17, 2012

Lent.



Lent is one of my favorite times of year.

I started when I was young, my dad gave me the idea, and for years I have been practicing.

40 days and nights of “fasting”… completely manageable. The worst that has happened is headaches from no caffeine.

I like to try something new each year and I only have a couple days to decide what I will be giving up this year.

I have polled friends and family and these are their ideas on what they think I am too dependent upon:
  • Ice chewing. (HECK NO!)
  • Eating out / Not cooking
  • Chocolate.
  • Top bun.
  • Driving.
  • Excessive spending… ie shopping.
  • Dating.
  • Social media.  
  • (Thanks, love you too friends and fam.)

I haven’t completely decided but I have narrowed it down and Wednesday begins Day One.

Are you fasting for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...