Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blind date


People love to set me up with their single gentlemen friends. I've narrowed it down to these reasons why:

1. I am a huge dork.
2. I am kind.
3. I love coming home to tell all of the stories from the night and laugh at myself.

I'm pretty sure it is mostly because of the third reason.

I was set up this week. Complete blind date status. Never met him. Never talked with him. I saw only one Facebook picture.



We met for drinks on Tuesday after work and immediately started covering the basics...
  • What do you do for a living?
  • How do you pronounce your name?
  • What do you prefer people call you?
Very exciting first date conversations.

But about 45 minutes into meeting... magic happened.

I can't for the life of me remember how it came up. But he brought up "blogs":
Him: Oh I love blogs. HA! No not really. I think blogs are so ridiculous. I once saw a guy wearing a shirt, "No one cares about your stupid blog." I really need that shirt. So great because no one does care about stupid blogs. What about you? 
Me: I have 5 blogs. 
Him: Oh.  
Awkward pause 
Him: Is it just your mom and friends that read them? 
Awkward pause

That probably tops as one of my favorite first date conversations ever. It carried me through the rest of the night with the blind date, in conversations with my sister and girlfriends later that night and onto the next day with my coworkers.

He's probably reading this now... so, yes I do blog and you even made a post!





Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...