Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hitchcock's "The Birds" Themed Dinner Party


I live in a pretty small apartment. For the last 2+ years I've lived here, I've had this notion that my place is just too small for a party. Well. I've had a change of heart. It's not THAT small. And as long as I don't try to host 20 people, I can most definitely have a little party.

Since this is a very recent discovery, Halloween seemed like a perfect reason to host my first little party! If you know me, I love a good theme. I was perusing Pinterest and saw a cool horror film pin. That got the wheels turning and soon I landed on a Hitchcock's "The Birds" themed party. I figured it wasn't too terribly scary (I really don't like scary movies. At all.), it was a fun theme, and something I could do on a budget!
Budget was actually the driving force in this theme. I really didn't have room in my budget to go crazy on decorations. Everything I decorated with I either already owned or was purchased this year at the Dollar Tree and the Dollar Spot at Target. All the fake crows? Dollar Tree! They were the perfect touch for my The Birds themed dinner.

A very easy and free way to make a big impact for a theme is with free printables!. Search Pinterest and other places online and you can find free printables for nearly any occasion. If you look closely, you'll see Hitchcock pictures in the frames and spooky labels on jars. All free, all made a big impact.
To make my guests feel like they were really involved in the theme, I ordered black crow nail decals and applied them while everyone was sipping on cocktails.

Speaking of cocktails, it's not a party without a custom drink! I used this one, The Raven, based on the name, and it was actually quite delicious!

During dinner, we turned on the movie. Tippy Hedron is a total bombshell! We ended up mostly chatting over the movie and then tuning in for some of the more exciting scenes. Perhaps it's not a great idea to watch scary movies whilst eating. I'll keep that in mind for the next party I throw!
Overall, it was a fun, budget friendly evening together with girlfriends! I can't wait to throw another little gathering at my place!

If you're wondering if I wore a homemade bird nest on my head and a Hitchcock T-shirt, the answer is: Duh, of course I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...