Friday, December 9, 2011

A Full on Assault

On Saturday I woke up in the middle of the night and something wasn't right. I was dehydrated, could barely swallow, and felt like I had been punched in the face. After chugging two glasses of water I slipped back into bed.

By morning I had a full on assault on my sinus:
My head was pounding.
My throat was on fire.
I couldn't breath.
I couldn't hear.

I rolled out of bed, drove to the grocery, and quickly loaded a basket with dayquil, nyquil, and an assortment of vitamins.

My big weekend plans? Complete shot.

I spent the rest of the day in bed.
I spent the rest of the next day in bed.

I hoped by Monday, I would be better. It's just a cold, right?

Nope.

On Tuesday, a slight fever came on. A coworker literally begged me to go home.

Wednesday brought on a cough that kept me up all night into Thursday.

Plans were cancelled. Chairs scooted away from me. Everything became miserable.

All this to say... Sorry I haven't written.

I think I'm on the tail end of it all. And I am actually happy to have gotten it. It explains my exhaustion these past few weeks.

For now, I'm off to work and then driving down to Portland for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...