Monday, October 31, 2011

Books and Presents

I am a book collector and an avid reader. To me, they are treasured pieces... but only if I enjoyed the book.

I once spent a weekend hollowing out a book to create a secret compartment for a boyfriend.

I found an old version of a book he never stopped talking about on Amazon and spent an hour in Paper Source getting the right supplies. It took me a Sunday afternoon to cut out the inside and then a day to dry. I filled it with treats and finally shipped it off.

Who knows if this book still exists, but I considered it a success. (Gifts are also my love language so I'm totally biased!)

I'm never one to repeat a gift especially if they are from previous relationships. But I love the idea of doing something creative with books. Which is why, this may be my next project:


How, when and for whom is yet to be determined. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...