Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Temple of Happiness: The Outcome

When you are happy, it is so easy to search out a place that could be your haven in the midst of a storm. It is when you are sad that the ability to discover happiness is truly tested.



So I was happy...



Searching...


And I found my "temple of happiness."



But then my world got rocked... In my career, relationships, and being.... When it rains, it storms right?



I ignorantly went to this temple and looked for that instantaneous happiness. It wasn't there.



What lacked in happiness, I instead found in peace.



Without books, music, friends, I could just sit there and be. People were probably staring at the crazy silent girl with puffy eyes but I didn't care. I was freely able to reflect or silence all the noise in my head. I was in my spot for most of the long weekend and finally on Tuesday I felt rejuvenated. I wouldn't consider this new place a temple of happiness but for a girl who is always "on" it is my quiet place, my temple of rediscovery.



Too cheesy?



I don't care. I discovered a lot about myself this weekend... What I believe, where I want to go next in my career, and what I want my life to be about. And honestly, I give all credit to my quiet time, a sister who challenged me to grow up, and a series of unfortunate events.



C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...