Thursday, July 8, 2010

From: Facebook

Many of you know that when it comes to being a fan of Facebook I'm on Team Twitter. I recently when on a diet, eliminating 800 some friends only to slowly start accepting friend requests back. I came to a point where the amount of invites, messages, requests and pokes became an annoyance... especially from people who I met once, ten years ago.

But then I received an email notifying me I have a new family member. Miss Kelsey Hitchings had listed me as her sister and wanted confirmation. At that moment I was ready to burn my Team Twitter shirts and switch sides.

Last summer I spent time overseas for a British immersion experiment where I studied British behavior in juxtaposition to American. Part of the project was to live with a family to get a better grasp of the culture. Although I wasn't there long, I immediately fell in love with the Hitchings. From the parents, to the girls, to even their little rugrat boy who spent more time doing his hair than I do. Did I mention they had one bathroom for us to share and no one could use the bathroom until Bradley's hair had the perfect shape?

I've always called them my British family but having the offical request was by far the highlight of my week.

Does this mean I am easy to please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...